If you have been following me, then you know that I am attracted to color when it comes to fashion. I do love wearing black, but I just have to pop it with some color. So, today I am going to give you a few tips on how to accessorize when you are wearing all black. It is so fun to make your wardrobe so versatile.
- Add Color: Do it with at scarf… like my neck scarf… do a pop of color with your handbag, be printed or just a solid hot pink or this seasons bright red? How about a statement earring to bring in that color? A printed bootie can also bring in an interesting element.
- Classics: Pearls pearls and more pearls!! This year we have seen a ton of pearls from pearl embellished shoes, booties, sandals and handbags. Dig out your pearls (or maybe you never put them away) and lavish in elegance.
- The metals: Silver, gold, rose gold & bronze. Add a great necklace, earrings or my latest fav is a bold cuff bracelet.
- Scarves: Go big with a large wrap, cape, medium or Toda small neck scarf can add interest to all black.
- A Big Hat: A felt wide brimmed floppy is a cool look….so boho…
- Try a Kimono layered over a pencil skirt and knit top, or over wide legged or skinny pants.
- If you don’t have any of these accessories, then just go BBB! Big Bold Black. It always works!
Today I am wearing a 3 pc outfit by Lynn Ritchie Designs. I featured this brand last fall here and last spring here and here. I am once again so glad to have the opportunity to share their fall 2017 collection with you.
While in New York this month for fashion week, I had the opportunity to stop by their showroom and offices where I got the pleasure of meeting the whole team. I even met the owner…..I think he was scratching his head when I left. He must have been totally entertained by SheShe Show!!
I was greeted by the lovely Suzanne who showed me their upcoming collections for Holiday and Spring. I have always loved this industry and at 62 years old, I am a testament that it is never too late to follow your passions. Suzanne is also one of the designers for this brand. They design and create many of their own fabrics as well. I was a textiles and clothing major in college, so this was fascinating to me. Not only that, they LOVE color at Lynn Ritchie.
Today, I am wearing black, but let me tell you, it is super cute. My snakeskin leather look baseball jacket can also be worn with their comfy pull on legging or flare legged pant. I chose to wear black fishnet hose with my matching pull on pencil skirt . I would also wear black opaque tights with my printed calf hair booties. I love the black sheer illusion top worn under the jacket, because it can be styled in so many ways. All of this pieces are comfortable, packable, versatile as well as on trend for this fall season.
To stay with the SheShe Show brand, of course I added some pops of color with my neck scarf and colorful handbag. This could also be achieved with jewelry. So, for me all black is a great look, but I hope that if you too love color, that you have a few new styling tips on how to wear black.
Stay tuned for another look from the fall/winter Lynn Ritchie collection. I will be showing you more of my favorite styles that are reversible!!
Oh boy…a SALE….yes Shopbop Sale now through Friday night. Just wanted to let you know about this sale because you can get up to 25% off depending on how much you spend. I just put my order in. I was going to wait but I noticed some sizes were selling out and I didn’t want to miss out. I have a bad habit of waiting too long. Use code: EOTS17 at check out for your savings. Another perk is they offer FREE 3-day shipping and FREE returns. I love to buy buy buy, then try it all on at home with all of my accessories and whatever doesn’t work, then I just send back for full credit. This is a great time to get your fall ready outfits together. Here are the details.
Thursday 9/28, and Friday 9/29 until 11:29pm PST.
Receive 20% off your orders under $500, use code EOTS17
Receive 25% off your orders of $500 or more, use code EOTS17
I bought several things, but you might think about a new pair of leopard calf hair pumps, these Stuart Weitzman over the knee boots , or these nude sandals that I have had for 3 years now and wear them so often. If you need some great luggage, then take a look at this great Tumi International carry bag on for your next trip. Do you need a new coat this season? I love this lumberjack take on this cute jacket. You only have 2 more days….the sale ends FRIDAY 11:29pm PST.
- If you are thinking about trying out Instagram, but don’t know where to start, then go to our recent post for the video tutorial. It will explain step by step in an easy understandable way.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop up box when you come to this site or at the top of this page in the subscribe box.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. If there is a topic that you are interested in, then let us know. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey!