It is so important to be comfortable on a day exploring, but for me I don’t want to compromise my style, so follow along for my afternoon out and some styling tips.
Hello from Knoxville, Tennessee. I was recently visiting my sweet mother in Maryville, TN which is about 16 miles south of Knoxville. I was raised there and graduated from the University of Tennessee/Knoxville in the 1977. I know…..some of you weren’t even born then. That being said there have been a whole lot of changes over the years since I was running loose in this town.
The biggest thing to happen after I left was the 1982 World’s Fair. Ya know, I never made it while it was there. I had just moved to Houston, newly married and I guess too poor to travel. I really don’t remember. Duh…… There was a major transformation to the downtown area preparing for the world’s largest fair. The Sunsphere that was specially built for the fair still remains as a landmark but it failed to succeed after the fair was over. Finally in 2014 the observation deck reopened on the 4th floor and a restaurant called Icon Ultra Lounge opened on the 5th floor and an events space located on the 6th floor. It was the will of then Mayor Bill Haslem that made this all happen without the use of income tax payers money.
The University of Tennessee has about 28k students enrolled and offers many opportunities in education and sports. Being led by President Joseph A. Dipietro, this historical institution has its sights on raising it’s national rankings over the next several years. With the beautiful setting in the foothills of the Great Smokey Mountains and climate that offers all of the changes of the seasons, this is a great option for a friend or loved one to attend and fall in love with.
On this day, my 18 year old niece and I decided to make an afternoon in the old downtown….now called Market St. We didn’t even realize that the Dogwood Art’s Festival was still going on. That was so fun because they had the street shut down and all the street venders, artist, musicians and more were showing off and selling their best.
You can be comfortable on a day like this without compromising style by remembering a few basic things:
- Wear comfortable shoes. These low heeled wedge sandals by Elaine Turner are so comfortable. They offer just the right amount of arch support, but not so high that the balls of your feet will not hurt after a while and they are so stylish.
- Choose a top that is light and loose fitting like this peachy colored top by Fabrizio Gianni. Also, these stretch techno pull on crop pants are so easy and don’t bag out after wearing a while. If you go back to my previous blog post “Cool, Casual and Comfortable in Fabrizio Gianni”, then you can read about this quality LA based company.
- Add some cute accessories. A hat is very fashionable but also offers protection from the sun as well. Eugenia Kim designs are definitely the trends setters in hat wear. Pop the outfit with a little color like a scarf or some jewelry like my cute Moon and Lola charm necklace, floral florecent earrings and set of colorful beaded tassel bracelets.
- You will need a small tote bag or satchel for the day to hold your sunscreen, sunglasses, wallet, note pad, small camera, and a water bottle. This cute bag from LANYstyle.com is perfect. Check out their site for other styles. They are known for their quality vegan leather handbags that look so much like real leather but without the cost. You could add a scarf, purse charm or tassel to to the handles to jazz it up a little if you have a very plain bag. This bag had enough going on already.
- Last but not least…..Spice that casual outfit up with a whole lot of ATTITUDE and then Voila, you can enjoy your day in style!
One last note that just came up….very important…..Fabrizio Gianni is offering 15% off your entire order this weekend only with code: SummerReady15. This is a great time to try out their great fitting quality pants that they are so known for
SHOP THE POST
Fabrizio Gianni silk tunic top c/o | Elaine Turner Zahara wedge sandals c/o | Elaine Turner Zahara wedge sandals c/o | Elaine Turner Zahara wedge sandals | Eugenia Kim Gabriella hat | Moon & Lisa charm necklace c/o | Flower earrings | Beaded tassel Bracelets | Ray Ban Aviator mirrored sunglasses | Lips
TIDBITS: I am leaving Sunday for a trip to Tanzania on a photo safari and then to Paris, France and will not have regular blog posts. I will try to schedule one post for next week that I have pre prepared. You can follow my journey’s on Instagram @shesheshow and Snapchat @shereefrede. When I return I will document my trip with the stories and beautiful photos for you all to enjoy.
Happy weekend my friends!!