So sorry I am late getting this post out. I have been getting read to leave for New York Fashion Week on Friday. I have all kinds of cute outfits to show off while I am there. But first, Tips On How To Wear Camouflage!
Camouflage prints in pants and shirts have been trending for a long time but this season I am seeing a lot more of this look. I expect to see some of this print in at fashion week. I actually own 2 pair of camo pants, a couple of t shirts, a skirt, and bomber jacket. I added a couple of new pieces this season, but other camo from seasons past.
So many of you are thinking about how to wear camo without looking like you are part of the military or you are the great huntress. You might even think that it is too young for you. Am I right??? Well, I have a few pointers to make your camo prints look hip, edgy or stylish without looking like you borrowed from your daughters closet.
- First let’s start with adding a little color. These camo pants are a muted print so I added a pastel tank top to go under the muted hued tunic. It totally softens the look.
- I love carrying pastel hued handbags in the fall. This blush colored shoulder bag softens the whole look as well and makes it very stylish.
- The wedge lace up booties that I snagged at the Nordstrom Anniversary give this an edgy look. I would also wear these booties with jeans and a pretty lace blouse as well. It is all about mixing the high and the low or the romantic with the hip and edgy. These are fun trends to incorporate into your wardrobe, so don’t be afraid to step out of the box and give it a try!
- Add a pair of stilettos, a graphic t shirt and leather jacket. Voila….you have insta streetstyle.
- Roll up the cuff and throw on a cute pair of sneakers and denim jacket for a cool, comfortable, casual feel.
- I love a bright red top with a camo print. Think sweater, blouse, jacket, scarf, t shirt in an orangy red.
- Wear a cute pair of knee boots with your favorite oversized sweater.
- A silk bomber jacket in the coordinating army fatigue color would be right on trend with a cute pair of your favorite flats.
- Add some jewelry pieces like this Kendra Scott arrow necklace and earrings. Jewelry adds some femininity.
Please friends over 40, don’t get caught in the idea that you are too old to wear camouflage prints. It is all in your head…. so change that doubt into confidence and you are all of the sudden the cutest hippest over 40, 50, 60, 70+ fashionista!!
Staying fashionable takes years off your age. Just don’t wear a mini skirt or plunging necklines with camo, then you will be safe. Take a walk on the wild side!!!
SHOP MY LOOK
- I am preparing to attend NYFW ( New York Fashion Week ). I leave Saturday, so my blogs will be up as I can get time to put them up. My calendar is packed.
- Please download the Snapchat app into your phone. It is so easy to use, then add me in by snapping my code in the sidebar of the home page of my blog. All of the fun and shenanigans will be happening there as well as snaps from the shows. It is so much fun!!!
- More summer outdoor adventures coming up.