I love the fall and I adore fall clothes, however, living in Houston does not give me very many opportunities to wear them. Over the last 30 years since I have lived in the deep south, I have continued buying fall-winter clothes and even coats. I just can’t help myself. We might have one or 2 weeks a year where they would feel good. This all being said, I think it is important to know how to transition your wardrobe into fall looks. I am talking to me too! Ha! Ha!
Tips | How To Transition Your Wardrobe Into Fall Looks
- Buy sleeveless or short sleeve dresses in the fall colors. I always check Pantone’s color palettes for the season.
- Add a scarf or necklace that brings in those fall colors. This red we have added to this collage is trending big.
- Invest in a leather moto jacket ( a wardrobe staple) or a structured blazer. These jackets are perfect for layering over those short sleeve or sleeveless dresses as well as your slacks or blue jeans.
- This fall leopard print is everywhere. (see leopard pants ) This print can be worn now with a black or white tee or later in the fall with a sweater, jacket, long cardigan or swing coat. Make it your own!
- I bought this pair of suede sandals during the Nordstrom sale and they are perfect for summer and I will be able to wear them most of our fall/winter weather. Suede is perfectly acceptable in the summer.
- Wear your booties to create that fall look. I think they are even cute with denim shorts or a skirt.
- I love florals and I have seen a few floral dresses in beautiful fall colors. These dresses are usually light and flowy but look like fall even though it might be hot outside.
- Next week, more fall fashion plus working on an Austin City Guide. Thinking about My Favorite Things too……
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box when you come to this site or at the top of this page in the subscribe box.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. If there is a topic that you are interested in, then let us know. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey!