Happy weekend everybody! With Halloween right around the corner, I’m sure you’ve seen the influx of candy and treats in your local grocery store. If you’re anything like me, your perpetual sweet tooth is even stronger during this season, with chocolate and candies available at what seems like every turn. I’m never (ever) one to turn down anything sweet, so we thought we’d take some time to research some healthy sweets you can prepare and enjoy during the Halloween festivities. We’ve included some recipes for those with dietary restrictions and some that are kid friendly to make sure no matter who you are—you get your own (trick or) TREAT!
1) Kid Friendly Options
Photo credit: Eating Light
Yes, you can have the best of both worlds! Source: Eating Light
Low carb, high stickiness. Source: Eating Light
These are the perfect spooky snack! Source: Food Network
Another perfect treat to sneak in those fruits! Source: Food Network
2. Gluten Free Options
Photo credit: Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
A vegan cupcake? Does that mean I can have 5?! Source: Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
These look delicious- even with spiders iced on. Source: Wing it Vegan
Who doesn’t love a good, and green, Rice Krispy? Source: Fork and Beans
You had me at “no bake”!! Source: Vegan Richa
Photo credit: Plaid and Paleo
Super healthy…and super cute! From: Weelicious
A different twist on this classic Halloween candy. From: Plaid and Paleo
Have a feeling this is …delightful! From: Real Everything
These look super rich and delicious. Perfect for us chocolate fiends. From: Unconventional Baker
Let us know if you try any of these recipes, or what your go-to treats are!
- I had the craziest week, but now I am in the Baja of Mexico in a little town called Toto dos Santos (north of Cabo San Lucas). I am traveling with 2 other midlife bloggers that I have traveled with before. Check out our fun stories over on Instagram.
- Friday I am headed out to an exciting adventure for a destination collaboration. I will be traveling with my blogger besties so you know it will be a lot of fun. I promise to entertain you!!
- We have updated most of the Shop SheShe categories located at the top in the menu bar. Simply hover over and click on the category you are interested in.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box when you come to this site or at the top of this page in the subscribe box.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. If there is a topic that you are interested in, then let us know. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey!