One of my favorite holidays of the year is Thanksgiving because I usually go back home to Tennessee to spend time with my sisters and their families. Since both of my parents are no longer here I am feeling more reasons to stay connected with many of the things that formed who I am. Can any of you relate? Today as always on Thanksgiving I am so thankful. We are also kicking off the Christmas season with a variety of our favorite cardigans in all price ranges that make the best, holiday gift.
10 Things I Am Thankful For
- First of I am so grateful to be alive and able to write this message. I have lost so many friends and acquaintances over the years so every year is a gift these days.
- My Tennessee upbringing played a huge part in my humble attitudes.
- I am so thankful for having parents that loved me and did all they could to give me an education and a nice home.
- Norman Frede came into my life 28 years ago and he took me down a path that I could have never dreamt up. For that, I am so thankful and blessed.
- The United States of America is my country, my land, and my home. So thankful for that.
- So blessed to have 2 awesome sisters, 2 amazing stepdaughters, and 6 step grandchildren that all have a special place in my heart.
- Loving and caring for my doggies Dexter and now Miss ‘Pippa’ has brought me so much happiness.
- Thankful for all of the friends I have made over my life.
- Accidently finding this crazy business called blogging has led me to new friendships all over the world and helped keep me active, using my mind and keeping me in the world.
- I am soooo thankful for you…..my sweet readers.
I can think of so many other things that I am thankful for. The list just goes on and on. With all of these blessings brings a responsibility to be the best person I can be. I am not perfect in this world but I will forever try to be deserving of what I have had, what I have now and blessings in the future. I do believe that what I give comes back be good or bad. I prefer the good.
May each and every one of you enjoy this day of Thanksgiving wherever you are.
Scroll down for more……
Thanksgiving day is special to each of us. We eat, watch the Macy’s parade, watch football, go to the movies and look at the sales in the newspaper and online. Some will even head out later in the evening for some shopping in hopes to score some deals for holiday gift giving. If you are looking for a great gift for a gal in your life then I would love to suggest a long cozy cardigan. I have several and I am always looking to add to my collection. They are useful to wear year around and they are so stylish.
Today we have curated some of our favorites broken down in price categories.
$100 – $200
- Norman and I are in Maryville, Tennessee (near Knoxville) for a full week visiting friends and family. I will be doing SALE ALERTS over the next few weeks as well a gift giving ideas so stay tuned.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box when you come to this site or at the top of this page in the subscribe box.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.