It seems like many of the 90’s and early 2000’s trends are coming back including camisoles! Luckily for me, I have held on to many of my clothes dating back to the 80’s! This weeks trend topic is going to be camisoles and denim shorts!
One of my favorite things about camisoles is how versatile they are. Perfect for date night, I’m currently loving to pair mine with some cut-off shorts and a flowy duster! I have found several camisoles perfect for each woman. Find your perfect outfit below!
- Dressy – For a dressier cami I am loving this Mavis Cheetah Print Top, pair with a dark short and this duster and you’re sure to turn heads!
- Casual – A more casual route I suggest this fun colorful cami, tuck it in, and throw on some easy sneakers and you’re ready for an easy day!
- Petite – If your petite or just have a short torso you may find it hard to find a camisole that does not look like a dress. Luckily I have found a few at Nordstrom’s also sold in regular fit. This cami is super feminine and look at the lace detail on the back!
- Busty – It can be difficult to wear a camisole with such thin and dainty straps when you are little bustier, but don’t think that it excludes you from rocking the camisole. Go for thicker straps if you need a little more support or do not want it to look too skimpy. While this one may not have thick straps it was a chunky lace trim that I find helps and still looks incredible.
- Plus Size – Have no fear ladies! There are plentiful camisoles for every body type including yours! This beautiful floral is sold up to size 14, and here is the perfect girls night camisole sizes 0 – 18!
Below, we have some great tips for you and your cami! So we will give you some super feminine camisoles and a few ways we like to pair them.
HOW TO WEAR YOUR CAMI
Camisoles are a staple for every woman’s wardrobe and thanks to many celebrities we are seeing a return! A camisole is easy to wear but can be worn the wrong way so I will give you my personal tips on wearing your cami!
- Wear a strapless smooth cupped bra. You do not want your bra straps showing. The only way to wear a bra with straps and not look tacky is if it is a lacy bralette!
- Throw on a duster or blazer over your cami.
- Layer over a cute t-shirt or in the colder months layer over a turtle neck or mock neck.
- Know your size. Ladies, it is very important to know your size with a camisole. Whether you have a long torso or you are a busty woman it is very important to get your size right! Most websites give you extra information about the brands sizing.
- Dry clean only. Ladies most camisoles are made with such thin and delicate fabrics. So the best bet is to dry clean your camisole.
- Choose an overly skimpy camisole, especially if busty. Opt for a lace trim with thicker straps.
- Forget to accessorize. With such thin straps and such a feminine top, it’s a perfect top to accessorize with a glamorous necklace or a dainty choker.
- Wear with low rise jeans. Opt for a high rise jean or short.
- Pair with a bra with a pattern or a textured fabric. It will show through!
The perfect pairing for a camisole is jean shorts! They make for an easy and comfortable look. A few of my favorite brands are AG, NYDJ (Not Your Daughters Jeans), Paige and Joe’s. Today I am wearing a pair by James Jeans that I bought on the Shopbop sale.
SHOP DENIM SHORTS
No matter what age you are, you can wear a camisole. All you have to do is make sure you keep in mind our do’s and don’ts. They can add a really nice feminine touch to any outfit.
Ann Talyor – 50% off purchase Exclusions apply Use Code: HOPTOIT
Chico’s – Take 40% off of your purchase. USE CODE: 58346
J CREW – Up to 50% off Use Code: HEYSUMMER
- We have been working on some exciting travel adventures for about 8 months now. I will be taking 5 different trips in May and June so stay with us for the journey.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.