Maxi dresses are a trend that’s not going anywhere! Year after year, season after season, they are always stylish, easy, and a classic. This weeks fashion blog will feature our top picks for maxi dresses and how to wear them. So read on below and also about my maxi dress!
There’s so many wonderful things about a maxi dress. From the versatility, simplicity, and how awesome they are on every body type is a major plus. Below are our picks for the right occasion of maxi dresses!
- Formal – Formal maxis are obviously stunning. I think there is something so classy about a long sleek dress when going out somewhere special. I’ve been eyeing this gorgeous black satin Alfred Sung dress. Perfect for weddings, balls, and all formal events I would definitely say.
- Office – Who says you can’t rock a maxi in the office? Make sure it’s not revealing and pair with a blazer and you are for sure to be the most fashionable in the office.
- Wedding – Great thing about wedding season is all of the maxis. This season I’m loving this Soft Satin Pink dress.
- Casual – Sometimes we have lots of errands or just a casual lunch and don’t want to look frumpy but don’t feel like the time consuming chore of getting dressed up. So throw on this Poppy Print Wrap Maxi and you’re all set.
- Beachy – When strolling on the beach how about this Tory Burch Scalloped Embroidery Maxi? Love it and it’s breezy and super fashionable.
- Date Night – Many of date nights I find myself wanting to do something easy and chic! So I throw on a maxi like this Melissa Odabash Lauren Dress. Super easy and oh so fabulous!
- Gala – Whether it’s a gala or you’re going to the ballet, a well picked maxi dress can be so appropriate and have everyone turning heads. Like this oh so feminine pink maxi.
HOW TO STYLE
Maxi dresses are so fun to style, year round they can be worn and for most occasions. They can be perfect for a relaxing day, date night, and even to weddings maxis can be worn. Here is a list of ways to style.
- Belt it – What better to pair with this beautiful floral maxi than a belt? This chic thick belt is a perfect fit to jazz up your dress. Especially if you are wanting more shape go with a belt.
- Jacket – If you’re headed to the office or to a professional setting in your maxi why not throw on a blazer like this cute Lioness Pallermo blazer?
- Shoes – For a more relaxed maxi pair with sandals or flats. If it’s a more formal maxi like this beautiful blue Eliza J, pair with a strappy nude heel. Avoid closed toe flats and boots with your maxi.
- Hat – Wearing a hat with your beachy maxi is perfect for those sunny days or brunch with the girls! I love to wear a big hat when I am wearing a more casual daytime maxi.
As you may have noticed the brand LÁRO appears often with me. Their mission is to promote a lifestyle brand that empowers women while advocating for underprivileged and marginalized communities around the world, specifically through supporting indigenous artisans and joining the fight against human trafficking. With that being said that’s a huge perk to my beautiful white Liz bag. They are also donating 10% of all sales to Elijah Rising May 6th-May 12th. So be sure to check it out and get your fun handbag!
The marvelous maxi I am wearing is by Eliza J and fits like a glove. One of my favorite thing about her dresses is how well they fit. Great material and gave me the perfect effortless look. The bag is by Laro and shoes are Liz Claiborne.
Maxi dresses are a staple to every woman’s closet and the fact that they are simple and easy to wear makes it all the better! Know what fits you best and how to style it and you will have that effortlessly chic look we see on runways and magazines everywhere. So we hope you enjoyed our tips and our top picks for maxi dresses this season! Do you have any tips or ways you enjoy styling?
Chico’s – 40% off your purchase Use Code: 50849
Banana Republic – 30% off your purchase Use Code: BRGO Card members 40% off
|TUESDAY, 5/14 – SUNDAY, 5/19 – FRIENDS & FAMILY SALE |
At Colleen Rothschild Beauty, we like to think of our customers as family, so we’re offering our biggest site-wide sale of the season! (Seriously, it’s the biggest sale until Black Friday!) Receive 25% OFF site-wide with CODE: FAMILY25
- I had the best weekend in Sonoma wine country at Vintner’s Inn Santa Rosa, CA. It will be great to be home for the next 10 days before I start a month of travel. Stay tuned for our next destination!
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.