And just like that…the Fourth of July is already here! Next Thursday the nation will be celebrating all things America–typically with sun, food, friends & family. I
f you’re like me, this holiday has really snuck up on you. And again if you’re like me, you’ll somehow end up hosting the party for your loved ones. So we thought today we’d give you some tips for how to celebrate the Fourth of July and throw the best last-minute party. Keep reading for info on cocktails, drinks, games, and of course….clothes.
Cocktails can be quite complicated to whip up, especially when they require tons of ingredients. These two ideas both use Sparkling Ice beverages, and involve 5 ingredients or less.
The Bee’s Knees
- Sparkling Ice Strawberry Lemonade
- Touch of Raw Honey
- Cut strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, lime
- Dash of Orgeat Syrup
Crush fruit with ice and add Sparkling Ice Strawberry Lemonade, honey and Orgeat. Stir and add straw.
Soaked Watermelon Slice Popsicles
- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup Sparkling Ice
- Strawberry Watermelon
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1lb watermelon
Stir together tequila, Strawberry Watermelon Sparkling Ice, and lime juice in a large bowl. Cut watermelon into wedges and soak in Sparkling Ice mixture for 15 minutes. Insert popsicle sticks into wedges then freeze on a rack-lined baking sheet for 1 hour.
Bacon Guacamole Cups (Pillsbury)
- 1can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1container (8 oz) guacamole
- (1 cup)4crisply cooked bacon strips
For directions, click here.
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (Two Twenty One)
- 1 can biscuits
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
For directions, click here.
Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups (The Comfort of Cooking)
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 8 oz. thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
For directions, click here.
One of the more difficult parts of hosting is finding a way to keep everyone entertained. In this post from last year, we talked about all kinds of different entertainment options for the whole family to get involved in.
This time around, we added Amazon products to all of these ideas so that you can choose 2-day shipping (or even 1 day!), and have it to your home sooner rather than later.
This set from Amazon is only $50. This is such an easy game for those with access to a pool, because kids and adults can play (especially when the set’s height is adjustable) and no other equipment is needed. Plus, you get a nice little workout in to burn off those Fourth of July calories…maybe. Buy it here.
This article from Brit + Co has a ton of good ideas for outdoor activities, but this is one of my favorite. Twister is a tried and true favorite among kids and adults (but maybe more so for the kids) and this is a great way to revamp a classic. Just use some spray paint to create these dots, and you’ll have a full game ready to be played right in your backyard…no mat required!
If you haven’t played the Speak Out game yet, it is time you check it out! This hilarious game from Ellen Degeneres has each player insert a mouthpiece and then try to speak, while others try and guess the word being said. This game really is fun for the whole family, making it great for both the oldest and youngest in your family. Buy it here.
The best part about Telestrations is really the ability to play with as many players as you want. This game is a spin-off of the “telephone game,” where the first play starts by drawing a card and getting assigned a word or subject. In this game, players sketch what they draw, and then pass it on. The remaining players guess what the drawing is, and then draw their own sketches of what they’ve guessed. It is recommended for 4-6 players, but you can just make multiple teams which allows a lot more players to be involved! Buy it here.
Don’t forget…you can never go wrong with a simple deck of cards. A perfect last minute addition to your cart!
Now I will say–by the time you’ll be reading this, the countdown for the Fourth will have already started. So while it might not be possible to order all of these clothes by Thursday, it’s certainly possible to order these looks to a store near you.
If you’re celebrating the Fourth during the following weekend, you should be able to order these looks with enough time to get them delivered. Plus, these patriotic outfits will be perfect for holidays to come!
BOTTOMS & ACCESSORIES
HAPPY FOURTH, Y’ALL!
Most all fashion retailers are having their BIG BIG sales going on right now!!
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the biggest sale of the year because it’s the only sale where FALL clothes, shoes, and accessories go on sale BEFORE the season even starts!
EARLY ACCESS for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts for Nordstrom card holders on July 12th.
Level 4 card members get access on July 10th and 11th!
PUBLIC ACCESS starts on July 19th. That’s when the sale opens to EVERYONE.
The sale formally begins at 12 AM PST. Yes, in the middle of the night.
I strongly suggest you wake up early to shop your favorite picks from the catalog.
COLLEEN ROTHSCHILD – 20% Off site wide Use Code: FIREWORKS
TALBOT’S – Red Hanger Sale 40% off markdowns
BANANA REPUBLIC – 40% Off Purchase No code needed
- Today I am leaving Boston after attending a travel conference with my travel girls Shauna & Jamie. We are getting educated and hooking up with new travel brands so that we can bring you wonderful travel content. Next stop back to Sanibel Island, Florida for a couple of weeks.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.