Can you believe it’s already time to plan for New Year’s Eve? I love this time of year because I dust off my plaid, velvet, satin, lamé sequins, and tulle to create my holiday outfits for the season. Even if I don’t have a place to go, I will still play dress-up and saché around the house pretending. This all being said let’s talk about 5 ways to create your Holiday and New Year’s Eve look.
HOW TO CREATE YOUR NEW YEARS EVE LOOK
Merry Christmas my friends. Coming from Tween Waters Resort’s Candy Cane Lane on the beautiful Captiva Island let’s start with this simple but fabulous outfit.
- Textile Textures ~ Think about velvets, satin, lamé, sequins, suedes, leathers, furs and don’t forget the tulle.
- Jewelry ~ Add a fabulous statement piece of jewelry and no one does it better than Chico’s. Befow are some amazing pieces plus more on their website www.chicos.com. Don’t forget if you have a wrist to show, then add a gorgeous cuff or a stack of your favorite stretchy bracelets. New Year’s Eve is the PERFECT time to get glitzy!
- Scarves, Wraps + Faux Fur ~ A great cashmere black large scarf or wrap has elevated so many of my holiday looks. I love this crop short faux fur jacket or this one for less and it will be in your closet for years to come. Perfect to layer over just about any look this New Years Eve.
- Holiday Shoes, Boots & Booties + Handbags for New Years Eve ~ I invested in 4 pairs of holiday shoes this year. Yes, 4, because I donated a few of my old 4 inchers. A few of these that I linked are like 2 or 3 inchers and still so so chic and festive. I might add comfortable too!!
- Hair Accessories ~ Since we have already mentioned jewelry, then how about hair accessories. I have been obsessing with oversized headbands this year and for the holidays I found the best deals on crystal, velvets, lame and more. They make a great gift for teens as well as the over 60……like me and will be the most beautiful addition to your New Years Eve look.
- Makeup ~ Did you ever think about your makeup being part of your New Years Eve look? Well, yes it should be, so here are ideas. I love a true red lip if it goes with my outfit and this #1 Red Pure Rouge Couture from YSL after 40 + years is one of the best true reds out there. If you are a neutral girl then the Charlotte Tillbury Pillow Talk in light or medium is all the rage. It’s neutral tones blend with any color you are wearing. Don’t forget your lip gloss for that extra shimmer and shine. This one by Buxom is America’s top plumper. Your brows frame your face and this luxury eyebrow pencil by Tom Ford is my favorite. I wait on a sale at Sephora and get my 30% off. One other item that will highlight your face is this Physicians Formula Butter Highlight. Put it just below your eyes and above your cheeks. Don’t forget to use good makeup brushes. This set from It Cosmetics is one of my favorites as well as this makeup mirror.
You be your own shining and bright on this New Years Eve!
As we wind down the year this week completing most of our collaborations , we are starting to look at the new year and look at how we can make it better for us and for you. I will go over many of my thoughts for our New Years Eve message. At 66 years old and 7 years in the business of blogging, I am feeling the urge to make some changes. Not quitting, just making some changes that I know I will like and I hope you will too.
This week is time for me to host bunco so I am busy, busy. My group goes all out so the pressure is on to create a fun Christmas event. Head on over to my Instagram stories later this week if yu want to watch some of the shannigans.
ABOUT SHESHE SHOW
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues, skincare tips, to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.
- Be sure to check out the Shop SheShe tab at the top of the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the dropdown. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below. Also, download the LiketoKnow.It App, follow @shesheshow to shop all of our daily outfits, home, beauty, and more. Go here for our LiketoKnow.It tutorial.