There’s no doubt that we are in difficult times right now. To say it bluntly it is disturbing and disgusting. Racism and racist people MUST BE STOPPED! You may see the black squares on social media, SheShe Show is participating and today we are discussing ways to involve yourself. With the Covid-19 pandemic happening, making the decision to leave home is iffy, you can be involved in this movement in the safety of your own home.
Get Involved + Fight Racism
- Visit Movement For Black Lives for additional ways you can help the cause.
- Google whether your local police department currently outfits all on-duty police officers with a body-worn camera. Make sure they require that the body-worn camera be turned on immediately when officers respond to a police call. If they don’t, write to your city or town government representative and police chief to advocate for it. The racial make-up of your town doesn’t matter — This needs to be standard everywhere. Multiply your voice by soliciting others to advocate as well, writing on social media about it, writing, etc.
- Support black businesses. Find them on WeBuyBlack, The Black Wallet, and Official Black Wall Street.
For White Allies
There is nothing difficult about being ANTI-racist. Here are a few easy things WE can do:
- Amplify black voices by passing the mic. This means stand with them but LET THEM SPEAK!
- If you see a black person being brutalized, insulted, or treated differently than you would want to be treated then don’t just stand there but DO SOMETHING! Correct racist friends and family.
- Elevate black voices on social media.
- Join with black friends.
- Use your body as a barrier – We must protect our brothers and sisters.
- Don’t be silent about that racist joke. Silence is support.
Are you an ally and want to learn more? Here are some anti-racism resources.
SheShe Show will be returning to regular scheduled content this Sunday, June 7th. This platform is not just for fun, we do have contracts with brands and obligations that need to be fulfilled.
We hope we helped educate you, give you ways to help and be involved in the fight against racism and racists! We are learning too!
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. Be sure to check out the ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar, hover over and choose the category in the dropdown.. You’ll discover that we have done your shopping research for you. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest fashions for all budgets.
- Subscribe here so you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below.