- ATUN-flash-seared tuna, cucumber, Jicama, mangosteen, mole vinaigrette, lime caviar
- MEMELA-toasted masa pancake, roasted pork rib, refreitos, crema, queso fresco, salsa de albanil
- TAQUITOS DORADOS – chicken picaldillo, mole coloradito, crema, queso fresco, parsley
- TLAYUDAS- Iconic street food dish of Oaxaca – very large, thin Oaxacan tortillas with various toppings cooked over wood
- RES – skirt steak, chichilo mole, quesillo, Oaxacan black beans
- HONGOS – roasted mushrooms, Pure Luck Texas goat cheese, vegetarian beans, hoja santa, mole verde
- PESCADO EN MOSE VERDE – grouper, chorizo broth, hoja santa-wrapped black bean cake
- ATUN – toasted pepper ash-rubbed tuna, mole amarillo, mushrooms, potatoes
- TOSTADAS DE CAMARON – sautéed shrimp with chile de ajo, refried beans, crunchy garnishes
CACAO and POLVORON DE ELOTE desserts were fabulous!! (above photos) Angie enjoyed tasting the colorful CACAO outer shell! Mmmm, delicious!!
- CACAO – chocolate cocoa pod, chocolate textures – tejate foam, milk chocolate cloud, chocolate crioillo soil
- POLVORON DE ELOTE – crisp corn cake, nanche ice cream, prickly pear gelee, candied beet chips, cocunut-mezcal sauce
The divas were happy to see Congressman Pete Olson at the Marquis and were excited to get a photo taken with him.
I will have to say this is one of my new favorite restaurants in Houston, TX. SheShe gives it FIVE STARS *****
As always thanks to Diva Gloria Wong for the great photos and the descriptive write up!!
MY OUTFIT DETAILS
- Well I guess you have been wondering where I have been? It was not intentional that I didn’t get a post out this week. I was depending on my assistant to upload a couple of videos for you but he dropped the ball on me. From now own I am not going to depend on someone else. That means I have to learn some new technology. Not a bad thing, I just wasn’t prepared this week. I APPOLIGIZE!!
- I just got back from Austin for a whirlwind 3 days attending the Texas Medal of Arts Awards & events sponsored by the www.txculturaltrust.org. What an amazing time meeting new friends and rubbing elbows with the likes of Larry Gatlin & the Gatlin brothers, Kenny Rodger and my favorite Kris Kristofferson. You can see a couple of photos on my Instagram.
- Coming up is a lot of spring fashion as well as Rodeo Season starts here in Houston soon. My family has 4 birthdays the first week of March, including my own. I will be doing a special post on my birthday, March the 8th. That day also happens to be International Women’s Day celebrated around the world. This years theme is #BeBoldForChange. Stay tuned because I am not only #thefierce50, I am a #fierce woman and proud of it!!! You will be enlightened that I am still fairly conservative and not a fanatical feminist, but I do believe strongly in women’s rights. Yes, I want my cake and eat it too!!!