Memorial Day is a day to remember those who fought and died for our freedom. The holiday originated in the years following the Civil War. With my dad serving in several wars, this day makes me think of him and appreciate this service even more. In his honor, I am ecstatic to share, that we are taking this time to put together a care package.
A care package is a box of items that can bring a smile to a service member’s face while they are serving our country. The least we can do to repay their service is to provide them with some items to bring a smile to his/her face. The items that we chose to put in the box are not sentimental but are items that service members would love to receive. We would love to be able to give our box to someone who deserves it. If you would like to nominate a service member to receive our care package, please, email your service member’s name and branch of service to firstname.lastname@example.org One nomination per person, please.
What’s better than receiving a box filled with snacks?! I really cannot think of anything better! In our box we have included :
- Unsalted Raw Mixed Nuts A quick grab-and-go kind of snack, that is packed full of protein and gives a boost of energy.
- Antioxidant Mixed Nuts Antioxidants are so important to maintaining our health, and what better way to do it than with a snack.
- Beef Jerky Yes, a classic… I just picture the recipient of this box unwinding after enjoying this classic snack.
- Into the Wild A movie to give some entertainment. This adventurous movie is one for service members to fall in love with. It is empowering and sparks a need for the great outdoors.
- Playing Cards There is really no better way to pass the time than a card game. A deck of cards can provide hours of entertainment and give service members a chance to have social time.
- Flannel Fleece Throw I have shown this COZY throw before in a previous posting. Norman has loved this wonderful blanket since day 1 of me having it. This item is the one that can give our service members a sense of comfort and possibly a reminder of home.
Do’s and Don’ts for Care Package
Do: Send non-perishable goods, send a thin blanket, board games, movies, CD’s, a letter, drawings from kids
Don’ts: CANDY/CHOCOLATE (keep in mind that this box will be traveling in many different climates – it will melt), personal hygiene (unless you know the person and their preferences), clothing, medications, anything flammable, jewelry.
Shop The Care Package
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!! THANK YOU ALL TO THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED AND ARE SERVING!
Memorial Day sales: quick links
- Amazon: 50% off furniture, grills, and more for Memorial Day
- Anthropologie: Extra 40% off of sale items
- Best Buy: save up to $500 on major appliances
- Cheap TVs: TVs starting from $69.99 at Best Buy
- Chico’s: Tops starting at $29, shorts $49, dresses $69
- Adidas: 30% off shoes and clothing
- Bed, Bath & Beyond: 40% off outdoor, kitchen, and home
- Home Depot: Memorial Day deals on appliances, patio furniture and tools
- Instant Pots: save up to 50% off at Amazon
- Kohl’s: Memorial Day must-haves starting at $4.99
- Macy’s: Memorial Day sale – up to 60% off sitewide + free shipping
- Nike: up to 40% off + free shipping
- Overstock: Memorial Day Blowout – 70% off sitewide + free shipping
- Walmart: patio furniture starting at $19.99
- Wayfair: up to 70% off outdoor furniture and bedding
ABOUT SHESHE SHOW
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues, skincare tips, to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.
- Be sure to check out the Shop SheShe tab at the top of the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the dropdown. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below. Also, download the LiketoKnow.It App, follow @shesheshow to shop all of our daily outfits, home, beauty, and more. Go here for our LiketoKnow.It tutorial.