No matter where you live be in the snowy and cold or in the south where it can be very wet, humid and drear, we could all use a little dose of bright to give us a sunny outlook. This is where we can use our outfit choices to brighten up and liven up our day giving our mental attitude a lift. So let’s break all of the old rules and learn how to wear white and lace in the winter. It will literally give our wardrobes a breath of fresh air.
- How about mixing textures. Try a chunky white fisherman’s sweater over a white skirt that has lots of texture. Maybe fringe or tulle.
- Try mixing shades of white. I know that is a little hard if you come from the old school.
- Wear a white summer dress under a black winter coat. Finish the look by adding a cozy hat, scarf and suede boots.
- Mix a feminine white lace top with a chunky grunge boot with socks. This brings the unexpected.
- Another unexpected look is to wear a pair of white skinny pants under a tunic dress layered with a leather jacket.
- Extend the life of your summer white lace tops by wearing them with a black leather pant. These textures work great!!
- Add a turtle neck or long sleeve t shirt under a white lace top. It would be really fun to make those tops colorful so to pop through the lace.
- Invest in a white coat or jacket to wear with your jeans. This look will turn heads.
- Just a note….don’t wear white shoes with all white in the winter. Never!!! Better to wear contrasting shoes.
- Don’t get too matchy-matchy.
- Do keep it simple. Tailored whites in the winter is beautiful. Think white or off white suiting.
- Invest in a great pair of white jeans. You will be able to wear them year round. I love wearing white jeans with some kind of black or bright colored sweater
I will say that many of our suggestions here are way out of the box for most of us, but if you are looking to have some fun with your looks then these ideas, right now are perfect ways to brighten up your winter days. So have some fun and let us know if these ideas on how to wear white and lace in the winter get you to step out of your comfort zone and try some fresh new ways to extend the life of your wardrobe.
Have a great weekend!!!
Top just sold out but this one is similar, more budget friendly here // White NYDJ jeans, love price and fit by Kut, Article of Society does a great affordable jean and AG does a great premium high rise that I love // Flower faux fur coat (sizes are going fast ) This white faux fur is adorable and under $50 and I love this white coat too //Boots are from the SheShe archives but these boots are similar and I just bought a pair just like them // Blush Chloe Drew bag cross body bag // Celine white sunglasses // These Vanessa Mooney White fringe earrings also come in other colors. They are light weight and are show stoppers for sure.//
- Winding down my winter blog posts. I am ready to bring you new spring inspiration. That being said, Valentines’s Day is right on our heels, so be on the lookout for SheShe’s Valentine Day picks coming next week.
- I have concluded my skin chemotherpy treatment on my face. It has been a real journey. I will be sharing this ugly experience soon.
- If you are new to the blog, then we would like to welcome you. We are a fashion, travel, lifestyle blog for any age. Please subscribe at the top of the page so that you don’t miss a post. It is so much easier than trying to remember to follow.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!