As I was thinking about what to wear for New Years Eve, I decided on a wearing a velvet tuxedo jacket to make a statement. I am thrilled that velvet has entered the market place this year in such a big way. It is such a luxurious, regal, glamorous, comfortable fabric. If it wasn’t so hot in Houston, I would wear it all year long, but if that were the case then velvet might not be as special.
- Velvet is not the only trend here, so can you guess the other one?? The blazer or the tuxedo jacket, both rising to the forefront of trends. Then you add the velvet factor and voila, you have a winner. One of my favorite brands for an investment blazer is Veronica Beard. You might remember this post where I was wearing one of her pieces with the zip out dickey. I also have a white one that I wore in this post.
- Tuxedo pants….My pants are by a local Houston designer, Cesar Galindo. He has lived in New York for 20 + years still making his mark in the industry. This Rag & Bone tuxedo pant is very similar. I will say that this style pant is a staple during the holiday season. You can style them in so many ways.
- The velvet or sequin cami.…. is also a must have. I have had my sequin cami for several years and it comes in handy for that perfect piece to layer under jackets any time of the year. This cami is almost identical. You might also like this velvet cami.
- Booties….do you have a great pair of black booties. Another must have in your winter wardrobe and you can still snag a great pair on sale, but they are selling out fast. Even though it is cold everywhere, spring is on our heels….especially in the fashion industry. My booties are 4 years old and they just keep on going….. I love this pair, this pair and this pair to add to you fall basics.
- Tartan….Tartan is a classic for the ages, but this year tartan is still evolving into all categories. This cute tartan plaid clutch is so cute and will be a stand out for years to come. For an extra $10, you can also get your initials engraved on this cute bag.
- Statement earring….You now how much I luvvvv big bold earrings. I have a couple of great resources for affordable statement earrings. This pair that I am wearing in the photos is from my favorite fashion jewelry brand called Bauble Bar. If you get on their email list you can snag 15-30% off several times a year. I never pay full price.
- Other jewelry….Until I started blogging, I collected a treasure chest of fine jewelry. Sad to say, I rarely wear it any more. On special evenings out I do like to enjoy the luxury of my delicate diamond necklace and black enamel & diamond bracelet & ring. I will try to share some of my collection throughout my fashions posts this next year.
- Fox boa/fling…..Ok, so I pull this little honey out ever so often. I acquired this piece back in the mid 80’s. I love the way it elevates any look. I found this one that is similar and this boa is great too.
- As the new year approaches, I am reflecting on 2017 and looking ahead to 2018. Be sure to read tomorrow’s post. We are reviewing last year’s resolutions and revealing new plans and goals for 2018. Be sure to stop by for my report card on how I did in 2017.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop up box when you come to this site or at the top of this page in the subscribe box.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. If there is a topic that you are interested in, then let us know. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey!