This time of year we need to take a look at our closets and determine how we can take some of our clothes from summer wear to into fall and maybe even winter. Today I am showing 3 ways to style this beautiful light blue crochet and lace dress by Eliza J taking you from summer to fall/winter.
- Wear this lace dress and add pops of color with colorful accessories. You could also wear a pair of pearl stud earrings with this dress. Add in a nude sandal or pump and neutral bag for a more classic look. How about a silver metallic sandal and clutch taking this daytime dress into an elegant evening outfit. These cubic zirconia Diamonds would work beautifully or maybe you already have the real deal in your jewelry box.
- As the weather starts turning a little cooler, layering is key to being comfortable as well as stylish. A lightweight leather or faux leather jacket pairs well over classically cut dresses and tops. The taupe faux leather jacket in the next photo is perfect over this lace dress as well as over slacks or jeans. The quality is great and you would never know that it is faux leather. This is the third or fourth year that this brand has had this style in their fall lineup. I actually bought mine last year.
- In the last option, we have taken a bright colored suede moto jacket and added it for that high/low effect. In other words the feminine and the masculine making it a showstopper look. If the fuchsia color is a little over the top for you then try this suede jacket that also comes in a beautiful blush color as well as this sand stoner color.
There are so many other ways to style this beautiful dress. A midi cardigan worn with a low chunky heel adding in more texture would be adorable or how about a denim jacket and floral long flowy scarf? This season the blazer is trending big time. I love Veronica Beard for her classic blazers. They are a little pricey but will stay in your closet for years. I could keep going on and on.
So now go to your closet and pull out a few dresses and then add one of your jackets over your dress. It is so fun experimenting and if you don’t have any of the jackets that I have mentioned in this post then it is time to add one or two to your fall wish list. Most any jacket you choose can be so versatile and make the investment worthwhile.
SHOP THE POST
- Next up…..the versatile denim jacket. A must in every girl’s closet. Also, talking about blogger friendships and why they are special.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box when you come to this site or at the top of this page in the subscribe box.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. If there is a topic that you are interested in, then let us know. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey!