Happy Friday sweet readers!! If you are new to SheShe Show then you might not know that we have a 12-acre property on the Uncompahgre River 12 miles south of Montrose, CO. We built a mountain modern home there from the ground up and moved in almost 3 years ago. Since we are only there in the late summer and fall I have been taking my time in completing the decorating.
When designing this home, I wanted it to be mostly one story. We had enough land so we were able to do just that. We did, however, add a bunkroom above this bedroom that you are seeing in the photos today. The bunkroom is really fun because it reflects our Texas roots as well as the old mountain west. You can see the photos here.
Before this house, we had 400-acre high mountain ranch east of Montrose for over 20 years and that home had a lot of antiques and was very rustic. When planning this house, I was ready for a change and decided to go mountain modern. What does that mean? Well, I think that means using traditional & modern materials and textures, but making the lines cleaner and more streamlined. I did keep a few antique accessories but in the most part, we did all new furnishings that embodied those clean line traits. You can also see the cozy tv room that we recently posted here.
This house has 3 bedrooms and the bunkroom. Let’s call this room Guest Bedroom #1.
- I found this bedroom furniture from West Elm as well as another bedroom that I will share with you later.
- I am not fond of too much matchy-matchy so I chose a more modern nightstand to give the look of the room a little more interest. These nightstands are no longer available, but this one is similar.
- The lamps are also not available, but I liked these because they worked so well with the nightstands.
- Bedding, also from West Elm. I linked similar bedding below. I combined their pillows with my own to create the entire look.
- For accessories, I used collectibles and art that I had from the big ranch.
Be sure to scroll on down for photos and to browse the bedroom boutique.
Don’t be afraid to mix up styles, color, and texture. Blending the old and the new make for an inviting mountain modern guest bedroom.
SHOP THIS POST
- We will be continuing our posts on our Colorado home interiors a little later. We are headed to Austin today for the first of 3 weekends in a row. It’s football season, stay tuned for Austin stories on Instagram as we start the home game series for the Texas Longhorns. Next week, more fall fashion and more…..
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box when you come to this site or at the top of this page in the subscribe box.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. If there is a topic that you are interested in, then let us know. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey!