Vinyl transparent fashions are all the rage right now. From handbags, shoes, jackets, even to skirts, what was once a huge trend of the 60s then the 90s has now made a return once again. My fashion faves this spring are going to the popular trend of vinyl.
VINYL IN HISTORY
Vinyl first made a major appearance in the 60’s mostly used for outerwear such as a raincoat it still was popping up on runway shows and adorned by celebs like Audrey Hepburn, Brigette Bardot, and Raquel Welsh. Becoming one of the fashion icons of the 1960s.
Come the 90’s it was everywhere. The Spice Girls, Shania Twain, and Madonna were a few to rock vinyl often and at most red carpet events. Versace launched their Fall/Winter 1994 collection with vinyl and some of the biggest names in fashion were decked out in vinyl.
Luckily the adorable trend has resurfaced and I have some great ideas and favorites to share with you.
Vinyl bags are everywhere and in almost all major retail stores. The bag pictured is by STAUD and they have it in many shapes, colors, and sizes! These bags are perfect for airports, festivals, and events as they are see-through. Vinyl is super easy to clean and water resistant so you don’t have to worry about your bag being ruined on rainy days. These bags range in price and styles. My assistant walked in the other day with what I thought was my bag and it, in fact, was not! So if you want this style and want to stay a little more budget friendly then this bag is an option.
Vinyl bags are also available in backpacks, belt bags, totes and clutches are all luckily in stores and online! Below is a list of some of my favorites.
- Backpack – This Barney’s backpack is chic and stylish and hello ladies, it was $200 and is now $99!! Here is a cute backpack with adorable pink features.
- Beltbag – This beltbag is small but it is still is a little life saver, it is perfect to pair with your festival outfit! Here are options in nude, coral , and a classy quilted hot pink Steve Madden. I love to pair my beltbag with a cute knee short and a flowy top.
- Handbag – This is the handbag pictured and I paired it with these laced light washed jeans from Chico’s.
- Clutch – How cute it this little clutch? Small and super affordable too!
- Totes – If a clutch or beltbag is not large enough for you then a tote is perfect!
Who here is seeing clear heels and shoes everywhere we look? I know I do and I am loving it. As I may not be pictured in a pair I do have some favorites.
Flats – Heels aren’t for every woman but there are plenty of other shoes so you can be in on the latest trend! For a pointy flat perfect for jeans and a t-shirt or even with some slacks, I love these fun flats. For a laid back day here is an easy sandal to slide on and it will match every outfit.
Heels – Super comfortable with the block heel these Sol Sana heels are adorable! For a little more glam my pick is the Moschino Lucite Heeled Sandal.
SHESHE’S STYLE TIP
If your vinyl shoes are too tight and do not conform to the natural shape of your foot, have no fear! Before putting them on take a blow dryer on low heat to them and it will soften them up. It’s a true game changer. So try it out ladies and tell your friends!
Back in the day vinyl was used for raincoats and umbrellas. Now there are a few cute coats and jackets to throw on when you still want to show off your outfit underneath! A purple cropped jacket, a lime green, and a clear jacket outlined in black are some of my favorites this season!
While not all of these accessories are vinyl they do fit into the transparent look!
- Belts – A fun way to spruce up your jeans or maybe even a skirt is with a vinyl belt. Outlined in black, a very “Elle Woods” pink, vibrant blue or a simple white, there are so many options!
- Earrings – As I had mentioned earlier these are not vinyl but they are clear and all the rage currently! These circle lucite earrings are sure to complete your look. Find them in the square here!
What was a thing of the past is now back and trendier than ever! Whether you’re my age or a millennial, vinyl is super easy to pull off and makes for the perfect way to spruce up a Spring/Summer look. How do you pair your vinyl?
- We have been working on some exciting travel adventures for about 8 months now. I will be taking 5 different trips in May and June so stay with us for the journey.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.