This post is sponsored by Replens. I was compensated and received the included product. All opinions are my own.
My life is so full, even at 64 years old but I am fighting to keep my mental and physical health all the way until the old ticker stops. One of the biggest issues that I have been battling over the last 10 years is post menopause symptoms. Today we are going to get down to the nitty-gritty and have our SheShe Talk about some post-menopause issues. Can you guess? Vaginal dryness!! Yes, that is what I said…..the old girl is all but dried up down there, but there is hope with Replens Vaginal Moisturizer…so keep reading!
I don’t know about you but no one told me about most of this crap. So, after an epiphany about all of this recently I decided it was time to have a real girl to girl talk right here on SheShe Show. Are you ready???? Below I listed most of my woes that I am dealing with since going through menopause!! If you have haven’t gone through it yet then these are some symptoms you can look forward too. So sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
MY POST MENOPAUSE SYMPTOMS
- Mood swings– Well, the first signs of things changing were my mood swings. Grrrrrrr!
- Then the hot flashes which have pretty much stopped but where I used to be cold all of the time, now I am HOT most of the time. My poor husband and I are a mess. The older he gets (he’s 84) he gets colder and the older I get the I get hotter. We are constantly battling the thermostat.
- Sleepless nights….oh yes I once was able to always sleep 8 hours and now I am lucky to get 6 hours.
- Weight gain– I have been the same weight for about 20 years until 2 years ago. I put on 6 pounds that won’t go away. My metabolism has slowed down so much so I now cannot eat as much without gaining weight.
- Dehydration– Everything started drying up inside and outside. My once oily hair and face is now so dry and making love to my sweets has not been encouraged due to extreme discomfort. It even hurts to have a pelvic exam from my OBGYN.
If you are over 40 or 50 then you just might be experiencing some of these same issues. Am I right? I have consulted with my doctor for years now where she has offered to put me on a hormone replacement. So, off and on I go there but I just hate using an estrogen supplement. Some of my friends do the bio-identical pellet but that doesn’t resonate with me either. So pretty much I have just been living with all of this dryness which means no intercourse. Thank goodness Norman is older and he doesn’t require that stimulation as he once did.
Menopause + Replens
I don’t know why no one ever mentioned an over the counter option. Not even my OBGYN has said anything about something as easy as a non-prescription product that could give me some help in this area. I guess I had heard of a few brands but never thought that they could help so I blew it off. When Replens reached out to me I was like, why not? What if? Could it help my vaginal dryness?
Have you ever heard of Replens? Well, if not, let me give you a little information on this brand and the product that I have been using.
ABOUT THE BRAND REPLENS
- As we know vaginal health ( as a friend of mine calls our vaginas “Miss Kitty” ) is often a subject matter that is taboo to talk about. One less worry “down there” offers us a better outlook on our everyday lives. Replens is the #1 Doctor Recommended Vaginal Moisturizer Brand that gives us the freedom to concentrate on the things that matter most in our lives. Yep, having sex is pretty important! Am I right?
- It offers a scientifically proven solution that allows us to worry less about vaginal dryness.
- This product is meant to be a tool used to change our mindset’s from covering up an uncomfortable situation to conquering it, and in the process, gives us more confidence every day.
LONG-LASTING VAGINAL MOISTURIZER
Replens Long-Lasting Vaginal Moisturizer helps replenish my internal vaginal moisture and provides a long-lasting result, without the use of estrogen. This was so important to me!! When used regularly, it can last up to three days helping your body create its own vaginal moisture to help you regain comfort and confidence.
- Replens Long-Lasting Vaginal Moisturizer 8ct. includes 8 pre-filled disposable applicators This is the one I prefer because I don’t like taking the time to fill the applicator.
- Replens Long-Lasting Vaginal Moisturizer 14ct includes one reusable applicator and one tube of moisturizer that lasts up to 14 applications
**You can purchase online here and at most major retailers.**
When Where & Why To Use Replens
- When to use– Start using when you see that you need more lubrication in your vagina. That could be after childbirth when your hormones are all crazy or post-menopause. I find that even though it does not cause a mess, I like using the application at night so it can work while I am asleep. It only takes about 3 days or after 1 application to start seeing results. I have been using Replens 2 or 3 days a week.
- Where to use– the best time is in your bathroom during your bedtime routine. It only takes a couple of extra minutes.
- Why use Replens– It was like a light switch went off one day. I was fine then all of a sudden I experienced a lot of pain during intercourse. What????? No one ever told me about this. My husband and I deserve to have the option to make love if we want to. Not because “Miss Kitty” is out of order……Right?
MY RESULTS USING REPLENS
With not much anticipation about great results, I started the Replens recommended applications. Seriously, I have only been using this product for 4 weeks and after only 2 or 3 uses I could tell the difference. Now, if you back off then the dryness will more than likely return so you will have to continue using to receive the benefits of improved vaginal hydration.
Now that wasn’t so bad, was it? At first, the thought about writing this post seemed too personal but I really wanted to do it because I felt sure that many of you are experiencing the same or similar post menopause symptoms. I feel like it is my job to be here for you to help conquer and defeat health & wellness issues as well as keep you informed on the latest fashions and travel adventures.
As always we love to hear your thoughts in the message box below! Thanks for joining us!
- The weather here in Houston has been terrible for the last 48 hours. We still might have some flooding today but Friday is supposed to improve. Just in time for the weekend!! Yeah!!!
- CHECK OUT MY SHOP MY INSTAGRAM IN THE MENU BAR TO SHOP ALL OF MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS.
SUPER EASY WAY TO SHOP MY LOOKS: DOWNLOAD THE LIKETOKNOW. IT APP ON YOUR PHONE AND FOLLOW ME BY CLICKING HERE.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the dropdown. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.