Remember last summer, when we talked about the best travel hacks for exploring new destinations? Well we thought we’d do something similar to kick off this summer, as most of us are gearing up for at least one vacation while the sun is out.
Traveling, especially with a lot of people, can be quite stressful without the right resources. Airports, directions, accommodations, and transportation can quickly turn an “escape” into the complete opposite…and cause wrinkles instead of joyful memories.
We’re hoping these apps can take a bit of the stress out of your travels, so you have more time to enjoy every corner of the world.
THE BASICS: There are a few apps that you should have downloaded on your phone for regular life, but are absolute necessities for travel. A=
- Uber/Lyft: Ride-sharing apps are SO important to have handy when you’re in a new city. Think cabs/taxis…but a million times simpler.
- Venmo/PayPal: I feel like traveling with others often leads to exchanging money back and forth for all the little things. Instead of bothering with cash, get one of these apps to make transactions super simple.
- Airbnb: Again, a necessity for travel. Airbnb makes accommodations simple, as you can stay at a rental property virtually anywhere for (typically) smaller rates than hotels.
- DoorDash/Uber Eats/GrubHub: There’s a ton of these kinds of apps, that all basically do the same thing. Especially in a new place, finding good food (and actually getting to the restaurant) can be difficult and time-consuming. To avoid getting hangry, use these apps to get your favorite food delivered directly to you.
First things first: a properly packed suitcase really sets the tone for the remainder of the trip. This app helps you create packing lists for you and your family, to make sure nobody leaves home empty-handed (and slows down the trip). Available in the Apple app store ($2.99).
Elk Travel Currency Converter
Currency conversions can be one of the most intimidating thing about traveling to foreign countries. But with this highly rated currency conversion app, the burden of calculating this yourself is removed. According to the Apple App Store, “it picks a suitable starting value, and converts the next ten values to your home currency.” Sounds easy enough!
Available in the Apple app store (FREE).
This app features allllll kinds of maps and travel guides to make exploration easy. It’s different than Google/Apple Maps in that it can pinpoint all different categories of attractions around a certain area. Planning your trip and need to know where the closest train station is to a certain restaurant? Then this is the app for you! Available in the Apple app store ($4.99).
So we’ve already discussed the importance of ride-sharing apps, but this is an even newer way to make transportation easy in a new place. Turo is basically the Airbnb of cars, letting users contact other drivers in a new destination and essentially borrow their cars. If you’re looking to road trip in a new place but flew to get there–this might be the app for you. Available in the Apple app store (FREE).
Though this one might be more of a niche need, we’ve all been in this situation: traveling to a new country, eating new cuisines, and then finding yourself unaware of how much is appropriate to tip. In different cultures, this amount can be vastly different, which is why this app is so useful. Simply choose your destination & bill total….and GlobeTipping will do the rest.
We hope these apps make some of your best days even better. Let us know where you’re traveling this summer in the comments below!
|TUESDAY, 5/14 – SUNDAY, 5/19 – FRIENDS & FAMILY SALE |
At Colleen Rothschild Beauty, we like to think of our customers as family, so we’re offering our biggest site-wide sale of the season! (Seriously, it’s the biggest sale until Black Friday!) Receive 25% OFF site-wide with CODE: FAMILY25
Banana Republic Up to 40% OFF Extra 40% off sale. No code needed.
Chico’s Take 40% off Tee’s, Crops, Shorts & Dresses, prices marked
J Crew Take 35% off wear now styles Use Code: HISUMMER
Macy’s All kinds of great deals…..Gift With Purchase Lancome
- We are currently on our first of 5 trips within 5 weeks. It is certainly going to going to be a whirlwind, but I do love to experience new places so I am going to try to take it all in and enjoy.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.