Since I can remember, I’ve always loved Cinco de Mayo. Something about the warm sun, cool drinks and delicious food just brings me happiness. It’s the perfect summer holiday, and the perfect excuse to get your friends and family together.
Today we’re talking Cinco de Mayo recipes that are sure to make allll your guests happy. But first, we thought we’d share some history about this holiday (as we first published in this post from last year).
According to Time Magazine, “Cinco de Mayo honors the anniversary of the May 5, 1862 Battle of Puebla. The clash, which took place during the French-Mexican war, featured a vastly outnumbered Mexican army and their unlikely victory over Napoleon III’s troops.” Many people mistake this day to be Mexican Independence Day, which actually occurs in September, but Cinco de Mayo is celebrated here in the US as a general day of appreciation for Mexican-American culture and history.
- Sour Green Apple Margarita (Heather Christo)
- Mexican Martini (Texas Monthly)
- Jalapeno Basil Lime Frozen Margarita (Food & Wine)
- Spanish Sangria (All Recipes)
- Shrimp Tostada Bites (Delish)
- Best Guacamole Recipe Ever (Cookie and Cake)
- Pineapple Habanero Salsa (Shared Appetite)
- Supreme Nachos (Delish)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Burritos (Taste of Home)
- Chicken, Cheese and Greens Quesadillas (Bon Appetit)
- Eggplant Tostadas (Delish)
- Mexican Beef Soup (Bon Appetit)
- We have been working on some exciting travel adventures for about 8 months now. I will be taking 5 different trips in May and June so stay with us for the journey.
- Gala’s, weddings, graduations, holidays or just everyday wear…..we have fashion suggestions for you, so stay tuned. Be sure to check out ShopSheShe tab at the top in the menu bar. Hover over and choose the category in the drop down. We try to keep it up to date with the latest and greatest for all budgets. Subscribe here and then you won’t miss a post. Simply enter your email in the pop-up box or below.
- WELCOME new readers. We are a fashion/travel/lifestyle blog. We talk about anything and everything, from fashion, travel, health issues to even an occasional recipe. Let us know if there is a topic that interests you. We will do our best to bring that story to you. Have a great week sweet friends and thank you for following along. Without you, we could not continue on this crazy fun journey.
What are your plans for Cinco de Mayo? Let us know in the comments below!